Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A sad day in the life of a kitten cat



Today I lost my big room mate Bear Cat. This entry is his epitaph. He died to a combination of 17 years of age and a cancer caused by a feline vaccine. Tears rain on my fur as my human pals hold me and tell me about the Bear of way back before I was born. He was the King of the neighbor hood. He protected his home with a fierce and kind manner. He loved all the people that came and went from our apartment building and would stop to say hi and give him a few strokes or a scratch. He taught little children how to be kind and gentle to cats with a patience that belied a superior soul. Never ever did a tail tugging hair pulling child suffer a bite or cut.

We felines live far short of human lifetimes. We felines offer a decade or two of our love, our play, our cuddles and our cat attitude. You people give us life, love and great care. Its a deal made in heaven. Our first born day like any creature is a great joyous day. Our last day is the price we pay for a fine life when we are very fortunate. Our last day on earth is why there are kittens-Life prevails. I will miss my adopted big brother. He bequeathed to me his territory, and a message to all who have cats.

The message is I love you, I thank you and goodbye. Always be gentle be you human or cat. Never let the sad last day keep you from that first day with a cat and the whole entire LIFE that follows. For cats reincarnation is a fact times nine. I may see you sooner than you think. Watch carefully-you might recognize me by my sly wink.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rest in peace Beeeeaaaar! We will miss your meowing in the morning and the many visits when our mommie has her door open. Pepper..you have big paws to fill (figuratively and literally), but we're sure you'll make Bear proud.

-Oboe, Piper and Ginger