Friday, August 24, 2007

A cat, a trap, and a bunch of crap...



Hi Everyone!
Look at my formerly beautiful fur! I could just cry. In fact I did. It started like this-First, I went outside by my pool, and then I got curious as to what was in a nearby apartment where the plumber left the door open. Never again! I went behind a couch and I stepped in GLUE! A great big (as big as I am) glue-board rattrap! I screamed as loud as I ever have in my panic to run away from this big black plastic thing stuck to me. I tried to run but I was truly trapped. I really should have listened to Daniel when he told me "NO!" as I walked in. I was screaming, panicking, and flailing to get away, and it only made me even more trapped! Daniel rushed right in, and as gently as he could pull that horrible thing off me. Still, it hurt! After he got me unstuck, I was covered in rubber cement. If that had been a rat snap trap, I would be gone-a sad memory. As it is, I think I am down to eight lives. If Daniel had not saved me I have no idea what might have happened!

Daniel & Donna had to use mineral oil to get the glue off me. As a cat, I really hate a bath. I really hate oil in my fur. A whole bunch of oil was used to scrub me a long time, and even worse, this was in a sink with water! YUCK! I tried so hard not to panic, or cut my friends with my claws. (I am soooo sorry for those cuts and punctures!) After a long oil scrubbing, we then had to wash the oil off with detergent, and then I had to endure a long warm wet rinse. An unhappy moment.

The nice part was a very long cuddle and toweling off. As they got bandaged up, Daniel & Donna carried me around for an hour in that towel. I just could not stand that soap, so I still have some of this oil in my fur. UGLY OIL. All this panicking and bathing really made me hungry! But cleaning that oil has had an effect on my tummy-I think I will be using the box a lot today. Who knew oil would do that?!

I think I will sleep on Daniel's chest tonight, maybe Donna’s, or both.
(Note from Daniel) That is exactly what our tired kitten did. Cuddled as close as she could for a long nights rest. I think her big roommates’ Bear and Silver will help her clean up that fur today.

No comments: